Last week I mentioned how good a Vanilla Speculoos Cookie would be with a Pumpkin Pie Spice Latte. Well I am here to tell you that it is a match made in heaven. This homemade pumpkin pie spice latte’s subtle pumpkin flavor complements the Speculoos spice cookie perfectly. I just polished off one of each on the front porch. What a lovely fall afternoon indulgence. And, it was so easy to make. With my method, it’s all done in the microwave. I think it turned out every bit as good as Starbuck’s but I didn’t have to make the 45 minute trek there. This is so easy, I just bet you’ll be doing the same thing, even if your Starbucks is much closer.
You need a can of pumpkin puree. The one that is just pumpkin, nothing else. (Just think, this drink gives you a partial vegetable serving.) Some milk, pumpkin pie spice, raw sugar and coffee. I used good ole’ Folgers Instant Coffee crystals. You could also use brewed coffee, even if it’s cold leftovers from the morning. If you do that, just substitute the brewed coffee for the water and skip the instant coffee.
Using a microwave safe mug, combine the milk, pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and water. Heat about a minute in the microwave. Stir in the instant coffee and heat another minute or so. Make it as hot as you like your coffee. To make it really yummy, top with a dollop of whipped cream. That’s it. Oh, and don’t forget the cookie!
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water , or brewed coffee
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree, canned
- 1 tbsp raw sugar more if you like it really sweet, you could also use white or brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, or speculoos spice mix
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- Combine all ingredients except the instant coffee in a microwave safe mug.
- Place mug in microwave and heat about 1 minute on high. Stir in instant coffee and heat another minute or until the latte is hot to your preference.
- Top with whipped cream.
You can adjust the type of and amount of sugar to your liking. You could also use a non-dairy milk like almond milk as well.
Make your own speculoos spice mix click here for the recipe.