Our cousins came to visit this past weekend. Well really Andrea is the accidental cowboy’s second cousin. But let’s not split hairs. I now consider Andrea and her husband both my cousins. Andrea is an extraordinary baker and cook. It was such a delight to cook with her while they were here. We, well, mainly she made this amazing salad. Why so amazing? It is so good it could possibly replace Pringles. A little salty, tangy and crunchy. Just like Pringles but healthy! Just vegetables and this really yummy dressing. I call it Andrea’s Confetti Salad because it is full of all these bits of color.
Just look at how beautiful this is. We adapted this from a pasta salad but replaced the pasta with riced cauliflower. So much better. Can you say CRUNCH! It just keeps getting better in the fridge. Need a snack? Just dish up a bowl full.
This recipe makes a HUGE salad. Enough for a crowd. Serve it at room temperature or cold. Because of the vinegar, it will keep wonderfully in the fridge for days.
Andrea's Confetti Salad
Tangy, crunchy, beautiful and healthy. What more could you ask for in a salad that will serve a crowd or last all week.
- 2 cucumbers sliced into 1 inch julianne
- 1 green bell pepper sliced into 1 inch julianne
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into 1 inch julianne
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced into 1 inch julianne
- 1 orange bell pepper sliced into 1 inch julianne
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 red onion sliced into 1 inch julianne
- 1 head cauliflower riced
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 1 ancho red chili (optional) roasted, skinned finely diced
- 1 1 2/3 oz dry Italian dressing mix
- 3 1 oz dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
Mix all the vegetables together in a very large bowl.
Whisk together vinegars, oils, water and dry salad dressing mix until well blended.
Pour over vegetables and mix well.
Allow ingredients to marry for at least an hour and serve at room temperature or cold.