The holidays are right around the corner so I thought it might be enlightening to hear from everyone what some of your favorite cooking tools are. I’m sure there are some great things that every cook doesn’t even know he or she needs. Maybe we can all get some great gift ideas.
Good tools can make all the difference in how much you enjoy completing a task. I think a lot of people who don’t like to cook have never had the right tools. So I will get us started off with five of my favorites. The rules of this little adventure do not include appliances. That’s a whole different subject.
- If I could only have one knife, it would be my Wusthof Classic 7-Inch Santoku Knife, Hollow Edge. I use it for almost everything. It is especially good for cutting up any kind of vegetable.
- Locking Tongs – stainless steel with scalloped heads. You can lock and unlock them with one hand.
- A Swiss Peeler, it has a short handle and a blade like a potato peeler. I find it a bit more versatile and easier to use than a standard potato peeler. I use it to peel everything. It’s especially good for butternut squash.
- A Berard French Olive Wood Handcrafted Wood Spatula. I bought mine in Paris decades ago. I use it everyday and I think it still looks pretty fantastic. It’s fine for non-stick pans and of course cast iron which can get really hot. I like it better than metal or silicon.
- A Mini Measuring Cup. I picked this cute little shot glass up a few years ago on a whim. It measures tablespoons, teaspoons, ounces and milliliters. I find it much handier than measuring spoons. One handy little cup for all those different types of measures. I love it.
Ok, let me hear from you in the comments section below.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. I recommend only products that I have used and that I love. If you were to click on a link and purchase an item through that click Flo’s Kitchen Blog may receive a percentage of the sales price. This revenue helps support Flo’s Kitchen.